5 Best Tips to Squish the Writer’s Block
The Feared Writer’s Block
As a writer, I can easily assure you that all writers, at some point during the course of their writing careers, experience & suffer the agony of a writer’s block; this is true for even the best of the best of writers. However, what distinguishes a good writer from a novice one is the ability to break free of the writer’s block and get on with tour writing flair.
Reasons for the occurrence of a writer’s block can be many; fatigue from writing for too long, boredom experienced when you are already physically tired, your brain cells fried & exhausted and yet you have to start a new writing project, fear of not being able to meet a deadline and anxiety resulting as a consequence of that fear, depression, a change occurring in your life that hinders one’s ability to be creative & imaginative etc.
The reasons are plenty. BUT, this article will talk about & also empower you with best 5 tips to squish the writer’s block; no matter how many times you face it, you will be able to get over with it by following the below mentioned tips.
and now the tips…
- Watch movies: movies do a phenomenal job to trigger our brain cells and restart the imagination engines that now sit stagnant. They can inspire us, move us, motivate us, touch us, and so much more; all the core ingredients that go into a writer’s work. Be sure to watch movies, even re-watch them, so that you pump in food for the brain that you can convert into your own words and pour out on paper in your able fashion
- Read: if movies are not your cup of tea, perhaps books are. Gain inspiration from other writer’s work; it ought to help
- Get it out; flush out the clog: in this modern age, don’t just count on the phone or live interactions in order to talk to someone. What I have seen working for many other writers are things such as chat channels. They simply log on to the web and start talking to random others. By doing this they are able to vent out whatever thought is holding back their writing abilities and also lets them become acquainted with another person. And if this is not the path you want to go down, start writing; even if it is just some random thoughts that hit your brain waves. You never know where the inspiration can come from and reignite the fire within
- Draw: by this point I do not mean you need to be as good as Picasso or Leonardo da Vinci. Everyone can draw to a certain extent; some much better than others. Just sketch out anything; even doodle if you have to. Sometimes words can be expressed through a portrait, a pattern, a painting, or even a doodle. You know how the saying goes, “A picture says a thousand words”. So doodle if you have to in order to get those thousand words gushing out of the pen in your hand and splashing ink across full pages
- Food for the soul: Yes, if you have not already guessed so, I AM talking about music here. Music inspires us to write our original lyrics & poetry on many occasions. Simply getting started by inking down a simple poem can refuel the imagination engine instilled within our heads and lead us to writing longer passages filling page after page, line by line.
So my dear reader friends try your level best to implement these best 5 tips to squish the writer’s block and get your groove on. You were a good writer, still are and will always be as long as you do not fear the writer’s block like cancer; it is only a miniscule flu bug that comes and goes once you know how to tackle & remedy it.