Valentine Day Poems for Your Loved Ones
Valentine’s Day also known as the hallmark day of love and affection is all about conveying emotions to the person whom you love and care. This special day is not only restricted to the relationship of a girl and a boy but your valentine can be your mom, dad or a close friend. You can use romantic haiku poetry to adorn your valentine messages.
Anyways, whoever the person you are going to wish, you should have catchy words and phrases that can better help you in conveying your message properly.
Valentine’s Day Poems: A Great Tool of Expression
To state your emotions, there is no other way better than writing a simple love poem for your loved one while writing your valentine day card. For a love poem for Valentine’s Day, you do not need to be a grand writer.
Even you do not require having special levels of skills and creativity. What you really need is just to have some ideas in your mind. With little creativity, these can be assembled and turned into a beautiful poem.
Apply Brainstorming Techniques
- Poetry is a bit tricky task. Most of the people get confusion where and how to begin their poem. So, whether you write a simple poem or Valentine’s Day Poems for parents, kids, friends or loved ones, you should apply some brainstorming techniques at first. These will allow you to create a simple and a short valentine poem.
- Remember, the target of your poem should always be to capture the mind, heart and soul of the person at receiving end.
- You are not only required to tell that you are in love with the person but you should begin with below mentioned techniques to make a difference. So, fresh up your mind with some answers before getting a start.
- Carefully, determine the person for whom you are writing a Valentine’s Day poem. Cherish the memories that make this person special for you. Also try to remember the day when and where you met at first.
- Try to remind the happiest memory as well that you had celebrated together. Now you will see that you have a treasure of material that can help you in writing a happy Valentine’s Day poem.
Reveal the Hidden Secret for Your Valentine’s Day Poems
Next to above mentioned techniques, here are some more secrets that can assist you. Simply close your eyes and think of the person, carefully calculate what comes first in your mind and what do you observe at first. It might be a name of a scent or a color or a beautiful animal.
These depictions can be used as metaphors in your short Valentine poems. This will offer poetic direction to your expression. In that way you can also create rhyming expressions.
Simple Valentine’s Poems: Poetry Writing Tips
In a nutshell, here are some writing tips that can serve you great for your upcoming Valentine’s Day event. You should keep in mind these tips in mind while formulating love poems for Valentine’s Day.
- Be concentrate about your style of expression. Whether you are trying to write acrostic poem or onomatopoeia.
- Elaborate special memories and the feel when they happened together.
- Use attractive words to describe the picture of your loved one. Hearts and roses can be used to demonstrate the lovely picture of the person you feel affectionate.
Sample Valentine Day Poetry & Songs
Romantic Valentine Day Poems
|There’s a special place |
within my heart
that only you can fill.
For you had my love
right from the start
and I know you always will.
Happy Valentine’s Day
I would give you a fair "Field of Roses"
In an enclave where my heart encloses
Our own private space
Where the glimpse of your face
Plays the symphony my heart composes.
My dear sweetheart,
It is you that I love
Under the stars above
Truly, with all my heart.
My dreams of you
Are dreams of Joy
Passion burns like a fire,
You’re my only desire.
This magic that we feel
It tells me our love is real.
Right now and forever,
Our love will go on.
Valentine Day Poems for Kids
|This Valentine’s Day |
I thought we would have
some good clean fun.
Meet me in the tub
I love to see
Two lil puppies
Silly, Cute and Funny Valentine Day Poems
It’s Valentine’s day,
And it’s really quite silly;
My feelings are switching around
I’m happy, SO happy!
Then I’m feeling SO sad;
I’m gloomy, I’m joyful
Oh man, this is bad!
My body is clammy,
Then I’m in a deep sweat;
Sometimes I’m giddy,
Sometimes I fret.
I’m looking for comfort food
Deep in the frig;
Often I think
I could jump off a bridge.
What is the reason
For all the above?
It’s Valentine’s Day,
And I’m SO in love!
Do you remember our very first date?
The movie we saw and all the popcorn we ate?
At the end of the evening I puckered my lips.
I was expecting a kiss like in the movie scripts.
But you were too shy to kiss me that night.
Instead you hugged me beneath the porch light.
I thought that was bad, and didn’t expect your call,
the next day when you asked me to go to the mall.
We’ve been like two peas in a pod ever since.
I am your princess, and you are my prince.
We may be much older and losing our hair,
but the world’s never known a more well-suited pair.