Birthday Card Messages, Wishes,Quotes and Greetings
Birthdays of our loved ones are those warm and affectionate occasions when we want to express our love, care and sentiments for them. Birthday cards, whether printable or e-cards continue to be the expression bowls of our feelings, emotions and love.
Writing birthday card messages and adorning them with the proper words so your loved one feels special and cared for could be difficult at times when you are in a hurry. So, browse through our collection of birthday card messages, greetings, poems, quotes and romantic sayings.
Funny Birthday Card Messages
- Happy Birthday, you’re not getting older you’re just a little closer to death.
- Birthdays are like boogers, the more you have the harder it is to breathe.
- Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
- Happy Birthday to you, you live in a zoo, you smell like a monkey, and you look like one too.
- Happy Birthday on your very special day, I hope that you don’t die before you eat your cake.
- You would have loved the gift I didn’t bother getting you.
- It’s ok to light the candles on your birthday cake now; I’ve already alerted the fire department.
- You’re not old until you can’t read this writing anymore
Birthday Quotes & Sayings
- Count your life by smiles, not tears. Count your age by friends, not years. ~ John Lennon
- Middle age is having a choice between two temptations and choosing the one that’ll get you home earlier. ~ Dan Bennett
- Have you not a moist eye, a dry hand, a yellow cheek, a white beard, a decreasing leg, an increasing belly? Is not your voice broken, your wind short, your chin double, your wit single, and every part about you blasted with antiquity? ~William Shakespeare
- Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children. ~George Bernard Shaw
- Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act. ~Truman Capote
- You’re not 40, you’re eighteen with 22 years experience. ~Author Unknown
- Time may be a great healer, but it’s a lousy beautician. ~Author Unknown
- Wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. ~Tom Wilson
Short Birthday Poems
A greeting on your birthday
And then a year
That brings the best
Of everything your way
Enjoy your special day!
From morning till night
And nicer than ever before……
And as years come and go
May your happiness grow
And your dreams be fulfilled
Happy Birthday to you!
Is being sent your way,
With many happy wishes
For a truly perfect day
Extra special wishes
May you have much
Happiness in every
Happy Birthday, wish you were here,
Happy Birthday, my dear,
Happy Birthday, I say with care.
Once a year I get the chance
It pleases me no end to say,
I wish you another great year.
So happy birthday to you (name),
From the bottom of my heart.
And may your good times multiply,
Till they’re flying off the chart!
May your birthday bring
As you give 2 everyone
Who knows u
Now is ur birthday,
There’s a little thing inside me,
u’ve got 2 stay!
What to Write on Your Girlfriend’s Birthday Card?
How do I measure
I thought, while idly watching
A sparrow sippin’ dew
And as I pondered thoughtfully
I gave my head a rub
And then I thought "Oh sod it
I’m going to the pub!"
You’re as cute as a bug
A darling child
Who’s nice to be near.
So.. hope turning one
Is happy and fun
And takes you along
To a second great year
I love you more now
to read this card
For you see, each day I love you more
and less than tomorrow.