How to Write Mission Statement for a Fun Committee?
What is a Fun Committee?
A fun committee can be defined as,
“A fun committee focuses on organizing fun events that are fun for everyone; this includes fun random or fun planned social events, or attending other organization’s fun meetings and fun events”.
“A fun group, or work setting of people within an office or organization for having fun related activities like games, themed events, physical activities and jokes etc”.
Every fun committee has its own unique culture and settings which emerges from a company’s work policy.
Mission Statement for a Fun Committee
A mission statement for a fun committee articulates the values and objectives of an organization’s recreational policy. Every fun group or committee has a mission statement which explains in simple words the motto for keeping the team united, motivated and focused.
A mission statement for a fun group also defines directions and boundaries, which the employees keep in mind while carrying out their duties and responsibilities.
Writing Mission Statement for a Fun Group
Writing mission statement for a fun committee is a joyful experience because here you have to make use of mild and catchy words and phrases that reflect why the committee exists and who will it serve.
Following are the pointers you need to keep in mind while writing a mission statement for a fun committee:
- Make the mission statement motivating and appealing because it will not only be affecting employees but also the customers, suppliers and competitors who are directly or indirectly associated to it.
- Keep the mission statement of the fun committee short and precise. Experts in the industry believe that short mission statements are easy to grasp and retains in the memory for a long time.
- Make effective use of proactive verbs as they improve the quality and impact of the mission statement.
- Make sure that the mission statement is free of slangs and jargons as they project a non serious attitude of the organization.
- The mission statement of your fun committee must be relevant. Sometimes mission statements are crafted in a way that its purpose and goals seems ambiguous.
- Also revise your mission statement after every five years to cast an up to date image of your committee.
- Before finalizing the draft, discuss the statement with your employees and suppliers and value their input.
Examples of Fun Committee Mission Statements
Following are a few examples of mission statements of different fun committees.These will give you a good idea how your mission statement should look like.
Mission Statement of Family Fun Center
Sparetime Family Fun Center is committed to providing safe, fun, and affordable entertainment to the community through superior customer service, state of the art technology, and cutting edge entertainment venues.
Mission Statement of AYSO
American Youth Soccer Organization’s mission is to develop and deliver quality youth soccer programs where everyone builds positive character through participation in a fun, family environment based on the AYSO philosophies.
Mission Statement of the Ohio State PSA Fun Committee