Persuasive Essay Writing
Persuasive essay writing refers to the form of writing where a writer presents his or her viewpoint and analysis in the light of analytical argument, factual data and previous studies.
The format of a persuasive essay normally follows a standard five paragraph essay structure, comprising of introduction, body text and conclusion paragraphs.
List of Topics for Persuasive Writing
Following is a list of topics for persuasive essay writing. You can use these essay prompts for your own essay writing or edit them to your liking.
Persuasive Essay Topics for Kids
- Are school uniforms important enough?
- How much homework is too much homework?
- Why should kids go on field trips.
- Why do we love our parents?
- Why do children prefer television to playing out?
- Pets should be allowed in school.
- I’m old enough to stay at home alone.
- We should all grow our own vegetables.
Persuasive Essay Topics for Elementary or Primary School
(1st, 2nd,3rd, 4rth & 5th Grade)
- Why should people have pets?
- How can we get rid of pollution?
- Milk or sweets
- Sesame Street is a great watch
- Why is war bad?
- Exercising daily is important
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle or Secondary School
(6th, 7th & 8th Grade)
- Why is proper sleep so important for health?
- Smoking should be banned in public places
- Education should be completely free
- Greenhouse effect due to deforesting
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- Cigarettes should be more expensive.
- Smokers should be levied with a health tax.
- Child support dodgers should go to jail.
- Negative influence of fast food on health
- Violent Video Games Should be Banned
- Anorexia is because of obsessiveness with weight loss.
- Negative effect of divorce on children
Persuasive Essay Topics for College
- Was Saddam Hussein’s execution an essential point in establishing democracy in Iraq?
- Bad effect on ecology of air pollution in your city
- Ban on carrying weapons
- College graduates should go off for the travels for a year before getting the job.
- Responsibility of the mothers when raising the child.
- Should mothers work or take care of the children and house.
- Teachers should not interfere into the private lives of student
- The production and sale of cigarettes should be legally prohibited.
- People have become overly dependent on technology.
- Censorship is a justifiable act.
- Privacy is not the most important right; security is.
- Drunk drivers should be imprisoned on the first offense.
Persuasive Essay Topics for University
- Is Health Insurance the Right of all Americans?
- Nuclear Proliferation: Will Development of Nuclear Weapons Fuel a Third World War?
- Is Death Penalty Inhuman?
- Euthanasia: The Right to Die?
- Some Thoughts About Human Cloning.
- Pros and Cons of Adoption.
- The Grim Reality of Climate Change.
- Use of Mobile Phones in Schools.
- Should human cloning be legalized?
Funny Persuasive Essay Topics
- Shouldn’t Russians finally bury Lenin?
- Better naked, than in furs?
- Should men be allowed to have more than one wife?
- Plastic surgeries: a way to become more beautiful, or someone’s unhealthy idea?
- Puerto Rico should be an empire.
- Kissing in public should be banned
- Men should be sent to another planet.
- Women should be fined every time they scream.
Popular Argumentative Topics and Ideas
- Animal Testing
- Drug Abuse
- Child Abuse
- Women’s Rights
- Gay Rights
- School Uniforms
- Death Penalties