Example of MLA Style Heading for Title Page
Josh Steele [Student’s full name]
Dr. Alexander Fleming [Instructor’s full name and title]
Phonetics 55 [Class information (course name and number) ]
4 October 2010 [The submission date in DD Month YYYY format]
- Same font is used throughout the essay (including the heading, the header and title). Most commonly used fonts are Times New Roman and Arial.
- Decorative and script fonts are not at all recommended.
- Standard font size is 12 pt and do not increase your font to make the paper look longer.
- There is no punctuation mark between the last name and the page number in the header.
MLA Citation Style for Internal Page Headers
- The entire essay is to be double-spaced including the works cited and quotations. The only portion without it is your heading.
- Do not leave an extra space between paragraphs.
- Punctuation at the ends is followed by two spaces including periods, question marks, and exclamation marks. All other punctuation is followed by one space such as comma, colon, and semi-colon. The dash and hyphen have no spaced after them.