Writing A Job Description For Position In Sales
The Contribution of the Sales Department
The role of sales department is crucial to the success of any organization as its purpose is to create and retain clients or buyers. A job is sale can simply be understood as,
Selling the products and services to the suppliers and end users in a way that it not only boost up the sales volume and profit of the company but also assist the marketing department in retaining those customers
Whenever the board decides to create a new position in the sales department of a company, care should be taken while devising job description because a JD clearly defines the scope of the job and ensure that targets are communicated in an achievable manner and also that the sales candidate has built a thorough understanding of what the company expects from him.
Core Essentials for a Career Position in Sales Department of any Company
Following are the essential components that make up a job description for a position in sales:
Title of the Job
- Title of the job for instance, medical reps (in case of a pharmaceutical company), field managers, zonal managers, sales managers etc.
- Should be short yet well elaborative.
Description or Summary of Responsibilities and Duties
- A small description or a summary of what a particular sales job is about.
- Key functions, responsibilities and accountabilities which make up this sales job for instance, setting targets on monthly basis and ensuring that they are fulfilled keeping abreast of the activities of competitors.
- Allocation of sales territory to the team members.
Particulars Required for Job Eligibility
- Job specifications such as academic qualification
- Experience and skills necessary to execute the sales job for example, 5 years of experience in all aspects of sales management.
- Ability to lead the team towards the accomplishment of targets.