Tips To Drastically Increase Visitors To Your Blog
Increase Traffic to Your Blog With These Tried and Tested Tips
If you are an owner of a private blog or a corporate website, the number of visitors will always remain as the top most priority. After all, traffic to your blog/website determines your personal growth or the corporation’s revenue that you’re working for. Even from a marketing point of view, the more the visitors on your website, the more exposure you get.
Secret Tips for a Successful Blog
Some people complain about not being able to maintain a certain level of visitors on their website. The secret lies in
- Providing quality content
- Giving them a clean uncluttered interface to look at
- Allowing them to shop online while feeling secure and
- Keeping advertisements as low as possible.
By following these few rules, you can be assured of the visitor coming back to your website and becoming a regular. Not only will you attain a visitor but the same visitor will bring with him/her additional visitors by the use of ‘word of mouth’ referrals.
Best Killer Tips to Increase Visitors to Your Blog
Let’s go through a few important tips which will help drastically increase visitors to your blog/website.
Place Shareable Content on Your Blog/Website
Social Media Sharing: Every page on your blog/website must have social media sharing buttons that encourages visitors to share your content whenever they feel like. The idea is to give your visitors an option to share content from your site, so that visitors can basically ‘spread the word’ so to speak. Imagine a visitor sharing your blog’s content has a huge number of social following himself. The viral effect can have a brilliant effect on your blog/website traffic.
How Social Media Sharing Buttons Can Help Increase Your Blog Traffic?
The advantages of placing social media sharing buttons on your blog include:
- It allows a massive increase in brand awareness. If one of your content goes viral, you can expect huge exposure for your blog.
- Allows you to improve your relationship with your visitors. Giving your visitors an option to share your content instills a feeling of trust.
- The more your content gets shared, the better chances you have to appear on top of Google search engine results. Social media sharing now has a much higher weightage from Google. Search engines actively look out content that has been shared on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, and places more ‘trust’ on such content.
- In addition to getting better results on Google search engine and creating more trust, social media sharing also helps in building authority within your field.
- Quality content on your site and lots of sharing will eventually decrease bounce rate (visitors spending time on your site before leaving) on your blog/website which is always a good thing.
Content is the King: If you’re still not convinced, here are some great research statistics to back up the importance of quality content sharing:
- Research suggests that more than 60% of visitors trust the content that has social media sharing options and has content that is recommended by a number of users already
- Visitors generally prefer making decisions on the basis of articles shared by their friends instead of the various forms of online advertisements.
So how do you create shareable content? Simply follow the basic rules of creating content that is more in tune with our general lives. For example topics like homes, business, technology, lifestyle, health, relationship advice etc have a much bigger impact.
Encourage User Engagement/Activity on Your Blog
Make sure your blog has a solid comment based system that encourages visitors to leave their thoughts. Images and videos on your blog should have the option to be shared on the various social networks available.
Make Use of Comments Plugins: If your blog is running on a WordPress based platform, then you’ll easily find numerous comments plugins to integrate within your blog. Such plugins even allow anonymous posting of comments so visitors don’t have to go through the painstaking procedure of signing up for an account before commenting on each post. The trick is to keep increasing new visitor traffic to your blog while retaining the one you already have.
So why should your visitor comment on an article on your blog? Following can be one of the reasons:
- They have a query in regards with the content of your post.
- They want to appreciate your efforts.
- They want to correct something in the content of your post. This of course provides a great opportunity for you to create a two-way healthy discussion on your blog post. Such activities are also looked upon very favorably by search engines (referred to as SEO juice). An increase in conversation on a blog is quickly noticed by search engines and inevitably results in increase of traffic.
- Visitors commenting on your website also presents an opportunity to create a close knitted community. Such a community not only actively engages in whatever new posts your share on your blog but also act as an advocate in promoting your content within their social circles.
All in all, keeping your blog open to comments can never go wrong. By sifting through the comments, you might even find a brilliant idea that never came in your mind.
What sort of actions have you taken to increase visitors to your blog/website? We would love to know the strategies you follow!