Helpful Google Analytics Tips to Improve Your Website Traffic
Tips to Use Google Analytics to Drive More Traffic to Your Website
Do you want to keep track of from where your website is receiving traffic and from where it is not? If you’re running your own business and a website then that’s absolutely amazing because it is a huge step in marketing. Google Analytics is the best way to check the performance of your website.
The information that you will get from it will improve every aspect of your online marketing campaign. It is one of the best way to know who is visiting your website and what their geographical location is, what page are they on, what attracts them the most and which page caused the visitors to leave most often, plus what language they speak. It can be helpful for very small business owners and for the beginners especially.
How to Analyze the Google Analytic Reports to Drive More Traffic to Your Website?
There are probably hundreds of articles on the web such as how to set up Google Analytics for your website or how to take advantage of Google Analytic reports, but in this article we will mention that missing piece of information which is ‘How to actually analyze the Google Analytic reports in order to drive more traffic to your website’.
Benefits of Using Google Analytics to Improve Your Marketing and Business Campaign
So here are some of the reasons that why do so many people around the globe use Google Analytics?
- With Google Analytics, one can not only measure its sales, conversations and website traffic but it also lets you know from where users are coming and how did they arrive to your website and what made them search for your website specifically.
- Not only this, but you can get to know what website they went to next and why did they move on to some other website.
- Google Analytics shows you how many users visited your profile and how many of them returned and how many of them decided not to leave your website, all it does it track the visitor’s loyalty.
- Google Analytics lets you set your goals and that includes almost everything e.g. sales, traffic, registrations etc. And when your goals aren’t met yet, keeping the goals in view, you can resolve whatever flaws you have in your online business.
- The old version did not measure the relative performance of a company or any two websites during different time periods but the new one can definitely do this. Google Analytics can easily measure two data ranges against one another over time and compare a website’s current performance as compared to its past performance.
- To keep yourself away from time-wasting, copying, pasting and stuff, it is of great help. You can make any report in Google Analytics and it can be exported to Excel easily as a CSV file.
- If you want to know what the site users are typing into your on-site search bar, you can make use of this very great feature by Google Analytics. It will even allow you to see on which website the visitor was while he was searching for something and also the page that he ended up on after he performed the search.
- Then comes the funnel visualization. Although its sounds a bit complicated but it is quite simple. This function works greatly and it actually lets you know your flaws-the flaws in your online website and that your services are scary so they decided not to follow them anymore. It lets you know why and when are people backing out of a process like placing an order for your product or subscribing to your company’s membership.
- You can get to know what time of the day is best for publishing your posts, and if the traffic is less at that time then you can schedule your posts.
- If you advertise your company including products and services through Google Analytics, you will be aware of the daily clicks, number of viewers, the displays, rate of conversations and also on every success of your advertised ad, it gives you the entire list of your profit margin.
- If you don’t find time to check on Analytics reports on daily basis, you can schedule the reports and they will be automatically sent to your email regularly and you will have an option given whether you would like the report as a PDF or a CSV file.
- Tracking is very easy with Google Analytics. You can know the number of page views and also their time that they spent of your individual page and also the number of users who returned back once the landed on your page. This information will lead you to improve those pages which caused most of the users to leave.
- Not only CSV, but you can also print your report and export it as a PDF file.
- Last but certainly not the least is that Google Analytics are free of cost, you don’t have to pay any kind of money online or by cash. It is totally free to use.
Knowing that Google Analytics will allow you to keep track of, you must Sign up with it right now and set up Google Analytics. Here is the complete step by step guide on how to Sign up with it.
Google Analytics Sign up Process
- Step.1: Open up the Google Analytics Signup page. You will need a working Google account to be able to register with Google Analytics.
- Step.2: Once you have a Google account, sign up, and choose ‘Website’ when asked to choose between a website or a mobile app. We will discuss using Google Analytics on a mobile app in a seperate article.
- Step 3: You will be asked to choose a tracking method for your account. Go for ‘Universal Analytics’ to be able to take advantage of new features on Google Analytics. However, it doesn’t really make a difference because Classic Analytics will eventually be upgraded to all the features of the Universal Analytics eventually.
- Step 4: Next up, simply type in the account name, your website name and full address and click on ‘Get Tracking ID’ option to continue.
- Step 5: Google Analytics will provide you a script code which you will have to place in your website’s header or footer section. Please read the detailed instructions provided on the page before integrating the Google Analytics tracking code in your website.
Once you have successfully integrated the tracking code in your website, the tracking facility along with many other features will now be at your disposal.